BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Response to Ebone's Post About Religion

 I was looking for something to respond to when I came across Ebone and her never ending debate about religion and this quote:

 "I believe it was about a month ago when a rude and pathetic and freshman friend of mine (who I will call X) said to me, "Yeah sure. You believe in something that is really not up there!'"
"Now this is very offensive and I remember when I was in that same position just a few months ago, fighting for what I believed in."
         This is a quote within a quote and I agree with Ebone. I take this into offense and I'm not even religious, sure, I was baptized but I never  had my first communion and I believe in three main things: Karma, Fate, and God. I like to believe in an afterlife but I'm not entirely sure. I think that "X" shouldn't say that "You believe in something that is really not up there!" because thats highly offensive to them and others. Sure we don't know whats "up there" or not but thats the point, WE DON'T KNOW FOR SURE! There could or couldn't be someone "up there" we won't know until we find out which no one know's when we will.
       When Ebone said "fighting for what I believe in" that brings me to the point of, does it matter? Why does "X" really care what she believes in? Its her beliefs and she can believe what she wants to. If anyone could try and argue and say "Oh well what you believe isn't true! Its a lie!". Well then I would say "So, does it matter?" It doesn't matter if "X" doesn't believe in what Ebone believes in, "X" is NOT Ebone so "X" should mind their own business and pay attention to their beliefs and not Ebone's, whatever they may be. I don't know what Ebone believes in, it doesn't matter to me, she's still my friend ans she still would be even if she believed in something that wasn't true. I'm not saying that anything is or isn't true, I'm simply stating that it doesn't matter, Ebone is still Ebone.

0 comments: