BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Repsonse to Unwind

          So far, Unwind is great ! You never know whats going to happen and you don't expect what happens, its unpredictable and I love that about the book. One thing that struck me is the way Connor's parents just try to shake off the guilt of having their son ordered to be unwound. They have some nerve. I don't think any parent could live with the guilt but the fact that the trip to the Bahama's the day after Connor's supposed to be unwound is slightly irritating. They're going to harvest their kid for organs while they're sipping on a tall iced tea by the beach. Those are some good parents...not. Also the nerve of his girlfriend Ariana. How could someone just say "O I'm going to run away with you, school is going bad and I would totally run away!" and then when it comes time for her to run away suddenly it changes to "Oh now isn't not a good time, call me when your somewhere safe and I'll come for you." I think that's kinda messed up, her boyfriends going to die and she just says "Oh, I can't" that's messed up.
        Also Lev is crazy! He WANTS to get unwound because it's his "purpose in life" and part of his religion. If anything he should be like a normal teenager and just try everything in his power not to get unwound, but his thoughts are quite the opposite. He is all for the idea of dying. I understand the fact that he's brainwashed, which isn't very good, but come on  why would you want to die? If my parents had me ordered to be unwound I'd do exactly how Connor did and run away. Connor came across a trucker that had a new hand. The trucker said that he thinks everyday what the child could have amounted to and accomplished. I think its sad when you kill an innocent child just for organs you could get off someone who's life wasn't cut short by other humans.

0 comments: