BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Monday, November 15, 2010

Final Book Response to Kite Runner

     After the events that took place towards the end of Kite Runner, it made me see a lot of characters differently. For example, I have a strong, strong dislike for Assef. Today in class we discussed the matter of if he was gay because he rapes little boys, but I don't think he's anything, I actually think he should not be living on earth. Well he isn't but I think in the book he should rot in jail or be tortured because he's probably been raping little boys all his life, not to mention the countless cold blooded murders of innocent Hazara's. Something must have happened to Assef to have his mindset on something so evil and twisted.
    In class we discussed the topic of why Amir went back to Afghanistan. I believe he was going for two reasons. One to make amends with Hassan and save his son from Assef. Another is so he could help Sohrab and prove to himself that he is capable of starting over, in a way. Amir probably thought that his past of getting Hassan kicked out of the house and watching him get raped and not defending him all the time would forever haunt him and he would have to live with it forever. Sohrab would have been the perfect chance of being able to start a new life with Hassan's son and his wife in America. He would also be making ammends to Hassan, so two birds with one stone. He may also feel in debt to Hassan and that taking his son to a safe place is making up for it.
   Overall I thought the book was very good and well written. The emotions and experiences that the characters had, felt real and my emotions towards some of the characters tell me the writing style. It was very vivid and descriptive. The order in which the events happened suprised me because you think that Amir finally found a wife and has a happy life but then he goes back to Afghanistan and gets into a lot of trouble.

0 comments: