BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Friday, September 24, 2010

response post

I got this quote from Ebone's blog:

"After we ended the debate, they brought it up again “I’m just saying when I say it ending in –ga- I mean my homey”, we said “The N-word comes from the Spanish word Negro for the color black, slave owners adopted that word using it as a bad term towards African-Americans, so know matter how u say it how u want to phrase, if your white then it is not appropriate for you to say?"
    Ebone got his quote from Leah when they were having a debate about the N-word with two other classmates and Leah wrote about it. I would like to express my opinion on the subject.
    I believe if a white person says the N-word and it ends in --er-- then that it DEFINITELY not okay because it is used/taken as a derogatory term against black people. If a white person says the N-word ending in --a-- then i believe its okay because, yes, the N-word was used as a derogatory term against black people, BUT since it is used to say homey as Leah stated, then black people can't monopolize the word.
     I think when someone says that word and they mean it offensively it isn't just not okay for white people to say it, or for someone to say it inoffensively then it would be okay for them to say it. I feel when people discuss this word they are targeting mainly white people, when in reality its people of all colors that say it and i find it offensive or inoffesive no matter who you are.

0 comments: