BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

I believe the amount of attitude and the amount of ability involved in success is arguable. You can have the ability to do something but not have enough confidence or determination, or you could have enough confidence, or you could have a lot of confidence and determination to do something and either succeed or fail. For example, I can do algebra very well but I just didn't want to study for my test or I was afraid of failure so I just didn't try and either way I would have failed. Or when I really wanted to study for a test and pass and I studied all night the day before and I studied beforehand, and I had very little ability to do fractions, I could succeed because I studied so much. Another example is I was determined to succeed on my first essay in 8th grade and I studied and used all the resources I had,  but I failed and got a bad grade. So it could go either way for both, thus leaving the amount of ability and attitude involved in success arguable.

0 comments: